The Shinaji shape is the best shape yet and is unparalleled in performance.
Its playability exploits the natural synergy between our Elite and Spark shape.
It is taller, with bigger cups and wider stalls. The precision dimensions of the serado, cup sizes, stall points, basecup holes, and overall ken size are calculated and tested to allow the highest levels of kendama plays for both beginners and pros.
Shinaji provides a unique feeling to anyone who plays it. It feels thick and slim at the same time.
It manages to satisfy everyone’s needs. Whether you like stall tricks, lunars, taps, kenflips, slingers, or any other schemes, our shape will offer you the best quality of play.
Shinaji represents the impossible balance between totally different playing styles.
With a modern feel, the cups and stalls are significantly bigger.
Unlike the V4 Elite shape, we gave the ken a wider form while keeping it slimmer at the intersection of the sword with the sarado. That allows you to have good grip on the ken and enjoy easier slingers at the same time.
The unique feature of the Spark Shape: The hollow core design. As you may know, balance hole makes kendamas better for lunars by reducing weight from the basecup. The problem with having the basecup hole at the surface will reduce the momentum of the ken when doing kenflips, taps and slingers, not to mention difficulty for any finger tricks. With the hollow core design, we drilled a bigger balance hole, and covered the surface while leaving an empty space inside the ken. This gives you an all-around ken shape for all players.
- Wider sarado for smoother gunslingers
- Larger cups allows insane contact to lunars and lighthouses
- Defined ridges make for better grip on stall tricks
- Slimmer sword (Ken) and less spacing on the hilt gives handling of kenflips with comfort
- Elite bevel – wide enough for stalls without being too loose
- Wider tama string hole and spinner (bearing) bead – NEVER get a tangle ever again
- 6-Finger string (58cm) gives you the flexibility to adjust to your playing comfort zone.
- This kendama is standard size - good to play for pleasure and also qualified for competition legal kendama